- This event has passed.
Dances of the Irish Countryside: Sean-nós, two hand, and set dancing
Mar 27 @ 5:30 pm - 9:00 pm
Brian Ó hAirt presents a workshop survey of traditional social dances from Ireland followed by a Céilí
Join us for an evening of traditional dances taught by an advocate of the One Tradition. Brian Ó hAirt brings his mastery of dance, language and music to KC for a dance workshop and language weekend.
- 5:30pm: Doors and pub open.
- 6pm: A taste of Sean-Nós dancing for absolute beginners.
- 6:30pm: South Galway set and kitchen dance(s) for all levels.
- 7pm: Sean-nós and hornpipe improvisation for skilled dancers.
- 8pm: Céilí dancing for everyone.
A Message from Brian: “Dances are at the crossroads of all of the various communities within the Irish scene–musicians, dancers, spectators, socializers, drinkers–I’m always happy to help make a reason to bring these folks together. Ní neart go cur le céile!”
Our wee pub will be open and you might just learn some Irish language while getting your cardio!