- This event has passed.
Comórtas Haiku / Haiku Competition
Mar 12 @ 12:00 am - Apr 12 @ 12:00 pm
Participate in our second Irish Language Haiku Competition – March 17th through March 31st.
- Entrants may submit an unlimited number of haiku in the Irish language. Entries will be accepted between March 17 and March 31, 2017 inclusive.
- All entries must be accompanied by an English translation of the haiku submitted. These translations must be by the author of the haiku.
- Entrants must be residents of the U.S. or Canada.
Each haiku must be accompanied by a fee of USA $3(waived 2017 – many thanks to Glór na nGael for their grant). Methods of payment: personal cheques or Paypal. Do not send cash. Cheques are to be made out to Irish Center Kansas City. Paypal payments can be made via PayPal.
- Haiku of 17 syllables or fewer are eligible for the competition. All haiku must be the original work of the entrant. Entries cannot be previously published.
- Submitting your haiku: SEE BELOW
- Entrants must provide their name, address, phone number, e-mail address, and nationality.
- No alterations can be made to the haiku once it has been submitted, and no paper submissions can be returned. Your entry, with its translation and your name, may be posted on the Irish Center website, Facebook page and Twitter feed, which then may be picked up by other parties.
- Haiku cannot be submitted via any adjudicator of the competition. Such an attempt to contact an adjudicator of the competition in relation to it will result in immediate disqualification.
- The judges’ decisions are final and immutable.
SUBMITTING YOUR HAIKU
Paper submissions – The entry/entries and payment (waived) should be firmly attached to the entry form/covering letter. Mail to:
Irish Center of Kansas City
15 W. Linwood Blvd.
Kansas City, MO 64111.
Click the button below to submit your haiku online:
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us: