- This event has passed.
Feb 24 @ 3:00 pm - 11:00 pm
Kicking-off the Irish Season, Irish WinterFest is a celebration of traditional Irish music and dance, featuring local Irish and regional musicians mixed with good food, drink and craic. Now in its 7th year, Irish WinterFest returns to Drexel Hall, the new home of the Kansas City Irish Center.
Also returning will be the immensely popular VIP area, which includes Irish Whiskey tastings and specialty food items. This year’s event is being coordinated with the annual Gaelic Mass at Redemptorist Church, just two blocks down the road, with a bagpiper piper leading a procession of WinterFest attendees to the church to Drexel Hall.
Great Irish Food will be sold by Browne’s Irish Market. Beer, wine and other fine spirits will also be for sale. As if all of this isn’t enough, the Parade Committee will be announcing the 2018 Parade Honorees.
- 3:00- Doors Open
- 3:30- 4:30 Bob Reeder
- 4:30 Procession to Mass with piper
- 4:45-6:00- Seisiun
- 6 VIP Opens
- 6:15 to 6:45 Driscoll School of Irish Dance
- 6:50 to 7:35 The MaGuire Brothers
- 7:40 to 8:10 O’Riada Manning School of Irish Dance
- 8:15 to 9:00 The Morris Brothers
- 9:05 to 9:45 Ceili at the Crossroads
- 9:55 to 10:45 Eddie Delahunt
- $10 for General Admission
- $30 VIP – Includes fabulous Irish food and 2 drink tickets on the balcony level.